The Purpose of creating this blog

I have intense social anxiety disorder(SAD). I am being treated for this but yet to be recovered.I exactly know how much painful the condition is.So,I created this blog to interact with other people of the same condition and help each other.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The shy baby

In the time of starting this blog I am in the middle of my treatment.So, may be I shall not be able to tell you everything in chrnological order.But of course you will get the big picture.


I think I have this problem from my childhood.I always used to blush in front of new people,even relatives.What's more,I was even not comfortable with my father,though to me he is the best dad in the world.He takes care of everything related to me,even these days.

I belong to a conservative muslim family , where people usually keep to themselves and talk with each other only when necessary.But even in this type of family,they began to notice my 'shyness'.This does not mean that they were worried about me,they considered me to be a gentle,religious and studious boy.A perfect 'good boy'.I guess most of the people will not understand this type of culture.But believe me,they exist.

Anyway ,a little shyness in the childhood is always considered cute.
In school,I managed to keep a good score.So there were students who were interested in making friendship with me.When I say that,I do not imply that every other folks spoke with me only because I had a good score.of course I had a few good friends.

Even when I was a little boy,very rarely I talked with girls.I don't know what was the reason behind this.Even till date me and my therapist are working hard to find out the reasons.May be my conservative family had something to do with it.

These daya I pray to god that may be if I were a mediocre student,I could easily build connection with other boys.But my family environment and my distance from other boys made it a deadly combination.

It's not like I was worried about my socialphobia ever since I began to understand things.Rather,I used to enjoy the privilege I used to have.It was like a curse disguised in the form of a blessing.The situation will be clear if I give one example.Suppose one day five students have not completed the assignment,including me.The teacher gave punishment to the rest four boys,but not me.He thought that,"he is a very good boy,may be he could not complete it due to some problem".

1 comment: